Google
 

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

PBS Frontline presents "The Mormons"

http://www.pbs.org/mormons/

"A four-hour exploration into the richness, the complexities and the controversies of the Mormons' story as told through interviews with members of the church, leading writers and historians, and supporters and critics of the Mormon faith."


After watching the first part of a two-part series, I am very impressed so far with the documentary. It is a very fair and objective view on the history of Mormonism. It does a very good job of staying factual. It provides all different points of views and is full of terrific information. I would have to say it is the best film I have ever seen on the Mormons. I will expand more on what I thought of the film later on, but it is 2:30 a.m right now and I am ready to go to bed. I look forward to seeing the second part tomorrow.

The film will be available on DVD and will be available for viewing online Tuesday, May 1 at noon. If you have a few hours, I would highly recommend everyone see it, it outlines many aspects of the church that have caused me to question my faith.

Skeptical Mormon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through Technorati, after searching for Mormon responses to the PBS documentary. Yours is by far the most intelligent of the lot.

The documentary held me in thrall for both nights. It was the single most fascinating thing I have seen in years.

I am not a Mormon, but was raised evangelical. I am now agnostic, mainly because of the hypocracy. I hope you are able to find a middle ground and aren't forced to leave your religion, like I was. Good luck.

Brother Zelph said...

Anon,

Thank you for your response. I understand your position on agnosticism, because I feel like I am being drawn that direction as well.

I do see many good things in the LDS church and seeing this documentary has restored some of my faith in the organization if nothing else.